Saturday, November 25, 2017

Featured Model - 11/25/2017, Blue Roan Pinto G2 Scratching Foal

Hello and welcome to yet another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the blue roan pinto G2 Scratching Foal!


This cute little baby was the titular foal in the Mystery Foal Surprise Family 6 set, item #5883, which ran from 2013-2014. He was issued on the G2 Scratching Foal sculpted by Sarah Rose.

I usually like Breyer's various attempts at roan, probably because so many of them end up looking like candy. This one almost looks like he's made out of Sweet Tarts or something - I just want to eat him! Unfortunately, I don't think ABS plastic tastes very good, so he'll have to stay on the shelf with his friends.

I like this mold because, well, what's not to like about him? He's teeny and cute and doing a cute little scratch, like a mini-me of the Trad Scratching Foal. Best of all, he doesn't take up much room, so it's easy to accumulate more of him!

Although I may be starting to sound like a broken record lately, we are due for new Stablemate releases next year, so maybe we'll see something new on this guy. I wouldn't mind seeing some new Mystery Foal Surprise sets. We should find out soon! 


No comments:

Post a Comment