Saturday, November 18, 2017

Featured Model - 11/18/2017, Mini Corazon

Hello and welcome to yet another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Mini Corazon!



This little guy was part of a set, Mini Hermoso and Corazon, that was the free gift to Premier Club members back in 2015. They were miniature versions of that year's mare and foal set, Hermosa and Corazon. Since Breyer doesn't like to announce how many of the Premier Club models are produced for some reason, run numbers on this set are unknown - but I'd guess around 750. This model was issued on the G3 Standing Foal sculpted by Jane Lunger.

I tend to be ambivalent about Stablemate foal molds for some reason - they just kind of accumulate on my shelves when they get bought as part of other sets. That's how my collection on this mold got started - when I received this set at the end of 2015. But this mold grew on me quickly, as he is pretty cute. Little Corazon was my first on this mold, but now I have 10 of them - so Little Corazon has plenty of company!

This set themselves are pretty cute, though I wish mine didn't have gloss flaws. Otherwise they look pretty nice - they both have snappy paint jobs. Time will tell where Breyer uses this mold next - we're due for some new releases next year, so maybe we'll get this guy in a new color! We'll find out soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment