Friday, October 4, 2024

Why so smol?

 Good news, readers! My Horatio has arrived - behold! 





















He has a satin bag, yay! Too bad they used the wrong Othello image for it - it's the original tail, not the flippy tail. I guess we should count ourselves lucky they at least got the year right. Horatio also came with the Deluxe Collector Club pin, as you can see, so I stuck that on my pin board. Interestingly, the Heath head on the pin is pretty much the exact same size as Horatio’s head.














Here's a closeup. He's such a pretty color! 















I'm curious about how they did his tail - is it resculpted, or just repositioned? From the show side it just looks repositioned, but from the off side it looks like a whole new shape. Did they get Kathleen (or someone) to sculpt a new tail? 





















The only nitpick I have with this release is his splotchy black eyes, but mine are at least mostly neatly-painted, so I'm not going to dwell on it. Also, he's been made into a gelding for some reason - didn't that happen with another shrinky Stablemate? Brishen maybe? 

Although I didn't take a comparison photo, the mini Othello is also noticeably smaller than the Stablemate Brishen and Giorgio, which is a bit confusing, considering his size as a Traditional. Why did they make him so small? It's not that big a deal, just weird. 

That's it for today, but I'm hoping to get out to the KHP tomorrow and see if they have Calista in stock yet, so stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment