Thursday, September 8, 2022

More TSC Additions and Hope!

 Good news, everyone - my other TSC order has arrived, as well as my Hope horse! Let's start with the TSC set: 














As you can see on the box, this is the Desert Paint Horse Family on the Classic Black Stallion, Harper and Classic Morgan Foal. 

I plan on selling the stallion and foal, so they're still in the box. But here's some shots of the Harper:



















I really like her color - she's chestnut, but has a metallic or some type of sheen to her coat, which I found interesting.





















I'm still hoping to get my hands on those new mystery unicorn foal sets, as well as the Alborozo from the blind bags - with any luck I'll find those soon.



















I wasn't terribly impressed with the eyes on these - it's a little hard to see here, but they're basically just glopped-on black with no detail. Somebody cheaped out there; that happens a lot with Classics though. 

Anyway, let's move on to Hope! 

















Her color is much more interesting than the promo photos made it look - she has a purple sheen over most of her body except the mane and tail, which have a blue sheen. Cool! 




















Pretty similar to last year's Raider in the Stablemates Club, actually.


















I really like the blue sheen, but I really liked it on the Omega Fahim models as well, and I'm partial to blue anyway, so I may be biased.

I also liked the box design for this release - no plastic to be seen! Even the ties holding the model into the box (like the old touchability boxes with a slipcase over top of it) were paper rather than wire or plastic. Let's see more of that, please! I always feel a little bad throwing empty Breyer boxes in the recycling bin, not knowing if they bother to recycle any of it (presumably the inserts are recyclable, but I don't know about the plastic fronts?). 

Anyway, another great release from Breyer, and it's always good to see a new release on Bouncer.

Let's hope we get some exciting announcements soon! I feel like we're in a bit of a dry spell, news-wise. 

1 comment: