Saturday, September 17, 2022

Featured Model - 9/17/2022, Life Guards of the Queen's Household Cavalry

 Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model I don't own but may have an interesting story behind it, give some stats on and and provide commentary about it. With respect to the passing of Queen Elizabeth II (RIP), this week's model is...the Life Guards of the Queen's Household Cavalry! 










This model and tack set was item #3368, released on the Trakehner mold sculpted by Chris Hess. He was a limited edition of 5,000 produced in 2003. 

I've seen it said that QEII was a Breyer collector, and one of her horses was produced as a Breyer at least once before (Burmese), so it's probably safe to assume she had at least one of these in her collection. Maybe more than one! Who knows. I don't have one myself, though I did want one around the time they first came out. Okay, it would still be cool to have one just for the tack set, but I'm not a Trakehner collector. It looks like they put quite a bit of effort and attention to detail into this set (but then, they usually do). I kinda like the posed Breyer riders marching in the background on the box, too. I suppose the prices on these will go up now that the Queen has passed on, though. Oh well. 

As for the Trakehner, he recently had a warehouse find release, which is good, because he hasn't had all that many releases in general - his most recent release before that was Thorn for Breyerfest 2020. It's hard to say where we'll see him next, although I suspect he may make a micro run appearance at the Ponies & Palm Trees event in November. I guess we'll have to wait and see! 

3 comments: