Saturday, July 2, 2022

Featured Model - 7/2/2022, Running with Scissors Farm Tour pt. 2

  Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model that has an interesting history behind it, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. A few weeks ago I received a request to do a collection tour, so I thought it might be fun to do a few Featured Model posts featuring my collection for the next few weeks. Last week was part 1 of the tour, so let's move on to part 2! 















We're continuing with the bottom of Shelf 2 of the collection. I'll note that I try (or, well, tried) not to put models on the floor, but ran out of space (as one does) and had no other option. The glossy appaloosa Slainte was purchased after Breyerfest last year from someone who got it in a grab bag. There wasn't room to continue the Giselles onto the shelf right next to this like I usually try to do (dang Brishens taking up space), so she gets to hang out next to the Corazons. 












Next we're looking at the built-in shelves on the west wall. I really need to move the Shire B models to a better spot so the pinto one isn't mostly hidden by another shelf. I would also like to move the Forever Saiges and Hamiltons to a different spot but haven't had a chance to do it yet. I need to put Alborozo in a better spot as well. The head of the guest bed is directly below here.





Continuing to move around the room, here's the first shelf on the south wall, facing Shelf 2. It bothers me to have the Totilases up there where they don't really fit, and Adiah needs to get her lean fixed, but it'll have to work for now. I need to shift some models around so Gingerbread can be with the other Bouncers at some point. 






Edit: I added a sixth photo to this post, because some of the models inadvertently got left out! Oops. How could I possibly leave out my Gofferts?  For shame. I'll blame it on too much Witcher 3 addling my mind (gotta get those gwent cards!). 















Here's the shelves directly below the Ashquars Gofferts and such. I decided to rearrange models on this shelf before I took the photos and literally had a Cleveland moment while moving Weather Girls, so that was fun. Lots of dominoes! Fortunately there weren't any casualties.

Last photo for today! 



This is the top of Shelf 4. I recently moved those Icelandics onto that shelf (the Smarty Joneses were there previously) and hadn't moved the G2 Andalusians somewhere else yet. Oh well. Note: the shelves are melamine and tend to slowly warp over time. Whenever it gets too bad I flip them over so they can warp the other direction, and then they're straight for a while in between. 

That's it for this week. Check back next week for the final installment! 







 

2 comments: