Saturday, July 16, 2022

Breyerfest Day 2: Okay, That’s More Like It

 Well, Breyerfest Day 2 is over, and we managed to survive! It was way hotter today than it was yesterday (or at least it seemed that way), despite a cloudy start to the morning. It’s amazing how hot you get when you’re trudging back to the car in the hot sun for the nth time. 

It’s been a pretty expensive day, but fortunately I don’t have any more model tickets to use. I ended up getting all 9 of the Rotating Draft Surprise models I had tickets for, with the following results:

2 matte leopard Appaloosas

1 glossy leopard Appaloosa

2 matte buckskin pintos

1 glossy buckskin pinto

1 glossy gray pinto

1 matte blanket Appaloosa

1 blue pinto decorator

All but one of those have since been sold or traded, which I found pretty impressive. I had them priced fairly low, since I didn’t want to take them home, so hopefully I can unload the last one tomorrow. 

In other news, I attended the live auction for the first time since 2016, I think, and witnessed history being made - the Silver with wings sold for an eye-popping $65,000! The previous record was $22,000 back in 2019, so it was amazing to see the record get broken in such amazing fashion. Aside from that super-high price, I was surprised that most of the models didn’t sell for as much as I thought they would. Inflation and gas prices must have taken their toll, I guess.

I did get a chance to visit the Collector Club tent today and see the new releases there. We’re getting a glossy palomino Emerson as the second CC web special later this year!










Nothing I need, but he sure is pretty!


There’s also a galaxy unicorn coming on the Classic Shire B mold. That one will definitely be a must-have! Not sure when he’s being released. And we finally got to see the Classic gambler’s choice for this year - the Lipizzaner in four colors - dark bay, bay semi- leopard Appaloosa, palomino and chestnut pinto, all glossy. Nothing I need there either, fortunately. Guess I picked a good year to scale back on my purchases! 

That’s all I have for today’s recap - check back tomorrow for Day 3!



1 comment:

  1. Yeah that's wild!! I'm dying for that woodgrain indian pony!!

    ReplyDelete