Friday, July 15, 2022

Breyerfest Day 1: Confusingly, Still Pleasant

 Greetings, readers! As the title says, I'm still a bit confused about how relatively nice the weather has been in KY this year. Maybe it's just me, but it seems like it isn't nearly as oppressively hot and humid outside as it normally is. Maybe I forgot what KY is like, since I've been gone for 3 years? Who knows. In any case, it made for a much-less-tiring first day of Breyerfest. But I digress. Here's my report on Breyerfest Day 1:

Firstly, and most importantly, I can confirm that the surprise model is the Cleveland Bay! Here's the set being sold in the silent auction:










I know at one point I had changed my prediction to the Cleveland Bay, but I can't remember if I changed it to something else after that, so I'm going to just say I was right for once! Huzzah!

Unfortunately (or fortunately for my wallet), the Cleveland Bay is not a mold I collect, so now I'm going to have to figure out what to do with 9 Rotating Draft Surprise tickets. On a similar note, the only special run variations we've seen so far is what appears to be a matte/glossy split on Landler and an alternate bay color for Marzipan. So, I may end up trying to trade Rotating Draft tickets for more Landler tickets if I can't get a glossy one with my one remaining Landler ticket. Otherwise I'll probably just redeem all the Rotating Draft tickets and sell the models, but part of me just doesn't want to be bothered with that many models. Guess I'll figure all that out tomorrow.

Anyway, here's the test Halla from the silent auction!










And here's the Musicians of Bremen test set!










And a glossy Nikolas from the silent auction gift basket!










And the Best Customs Contest grand prize and runners-up prize, Brandenburg and Westphalia:










And here's the full set of alternate deco models from Breyerfest 2021!






And a glossy Ben Nevis volunteer manager's model from Breyerfest 2020!










That's about it for the silent auction - there's also a Design Your Own Breyer lot as usual, though that didn't have any bids when I went by.

Let's see, what else do I have to talk about? There are some fun reveals in the Collector Club tent, but I don't want this post to get too long, so I'll cover that tomorrow or Sunday. I redeemed a few of my model tickets today, but not all of them - I want to spread things out to potentially increase my odds of getting any variations, if there are any others. I'm completely befuddled that they would do an alternate color variation on Marzipan when a mane switch for Rapunzel is RIGHT THERE. Oh well.

Sales-wise, things are going quite well, except in the Stablemates and Classics department - I've sold very few of those so far. I also haven't had anyone come by and mention the blog yet, which is a little concerning for me as I usually get at least a few people. 

Ooh, and it's been revealed that the bonus Stablemate for the Vintage Club this year is a mini-me of the woodgrain Indian Pony from yesterday, so that's exciting.

It's getting pretty late and I'm too tired to think of other things to talk about, so I'll wrap this post up for now. Check back tomorrow for my recap of Breyerfest Day 2!

2 comments:

  1. I was sure that Rapunzel was going to have a variation. Maybe they'll alternate between color and mane variation each year? Who knows with Breyer 😂

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the best. Thank you for posting such great photos! :)

    ReplyDelete