Wednesday, August 23, 2017

My Fylkir replacement is here!

So I did decide to ask for a replacement for my flawed dunalino Fylkir last week. Well, that replacement has arrived and I couldn't be happier! Behold!

 

I got the roan appaloosa! My favorite of the four colors! I love the Burbank colorway - if only I could get my hands on a Burbank! But this guy will do in the meantime.

 

And aside from a teensy-tiny white speck next to his left eye, I don't see a thing wrong with him!

 

Now, I do want to stress that this isn't something that should be abused. I feel I was justified in asking for a replacement for the dunalino due to his flaws (only the second time I've ever asked for a replacement for anything), and if Breyer had asked I would have shipped it back. Since it's probably not cost-effective to ship something so small back to them, that's probably why they don't ask for them back - but if we abuse this privilege, they might just stop offering replacements and only give refunds instead. So let's keep that in mind before we all start deciding we can use this to get additional gambler's choice models for free.

I'm also factoring this into my records of how many of these models were made - we know there are around 1500 members in the Stablemate Club, which works out to 375 of each color. However, since flawed models aren't being exchanged, I'm guessing there are at least 400 of each color, maybe more. So keep that in mind for your own records.

So, that just leaves the black silver Fylkir for me to find - though I'll wait for the secondary prices to go down a bit before I start trying to find one. They're kind of insane right now, especially on eBay! Hopefully I can find one for a good price later and keep the Icelandic collection complete!

No comments:

Post a Comment