Saturday, August 19, 2017

Featured Model - 8/19/2017, Bella

Hello, readers, and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Bella!

 

This pretty model was produced in 2013 as one half of the Bella and Mozart set, available only through the Breyer website. If I remember correctly, this set was released around Christmastime that year, back when Breyer had a promotion where you could get 20% off any order for the whole month of December, plus another free shipping promotion. So that was how I got these guys! Mozart is cute too; maybe I'll cover him next week.

So anyway, Bella was issued on the Haflinger Mare mold sculpted by Brigitte Eberl, and was item #711911. They came with matching sparkly pink blankets, which I incidentally just sold at Breyerfest about a month ago after scouring our place looking for random accessories I could bring along to sell.

I like this model because she's vaguely rainbowy and I have a major weakness for anything with rainbows on it. She's also a unicorn, and I love unicorns! It's a win-win. My only nitpit, not even necessarily with this model, is that most of the unicorns Breyer issues tend to be some variation of white; give us some other colors! They did the Lying Down Foal as a black unicorn once; let's see some more of that!

As for the Haflinger Mare, she's another one of those molds that I initially wasn't all that interested in, but it slowly grew on me - I think Bella may even have been the first model I owned on this mold. Most of the colors they've done on her have been pretty good, too; her initial Breyerfest release is beautiful. The Haflinger Mare (and foal) showed up on the Breyer website again as Fiona and Rory earlier this year, and as far as I know the set is still available. She's also in the regular Classics line in another iteration of bay pinto, so I doubt we'll see anything new on her for a while. But I'll be ready when they do use her again (hopefully)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment