Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Breyerfest Closeups: Griffin

As I was pondering the mysteries of life, the universe and everything today, I realized I never did a closeup post about Griffin, the upcoming second Collector Club special run. So, here goes - Griffin!

 

I must say, he looks mighty orange in that photo, but it could just be something with my camera's settings that day. At first I thought he was a palomino, but he almost looks like a blond sorrel instead.

 

I do have to question why his hooves are all dark, though. Shouldn't they be white, since he has four white socks? Maybe we're supposed to think he's being shown with his hooves blacked, since this is the braided mane version. Or they're doing as much as they can to differentiate this horse from the palomino JCPenney special run from a few years ago.

 

He's definitely handsome, but nothing I need to buy.  As for when he'll be available to the masses, I'd guess sometime next month or in October - it looks like Gideon, last year's second collector club SR, didn't become available until almost Halloween, so we could be in for a long wait.

In other news, it appears that Duende's release has been delayed until September, according to a Breyer employee's post on the Premier Club forum on the website. It'd be nice if they could post that a few other places, but that's Breyer for you. But we're pretty close to September already - just a couple more weeks! Hopefully he comes out promptly! I'm waiting for him.


No comments:

Post a Comment