Greetings, readers! Well, I would have written this post earlier, but I had some technical difficulties, so it had to wait until later. Anyways, it's time for more New Arrivals! Technically none of these are Breyerfest models, but I picked them up and/or bought them while I was in KY, so close enough. I'll start with the pinto Maya:
She's pretty! Does her head marking count as a medicine hat? Either way I like her.
Next is the black overo Harper, which I thought I bought earlier in the year, but apparently I just hallucinated that! Anyway, she's here now. Black and white is always a flashy combination, and this Harper is no exception.
Last for today is Sapphira the unicorn! I definitely bought this one earlier this year, but she arrived with the horn broken off, so I had to return her. So I tried again at the KHP. I ended up shipping her home in the second box of models I bought, and kicked myself for a few days for not putting her in the suitcase and shipping a different Classic home instead, because I would have been majorly annoyed if she'd arrived with the horn snapped off again. Fortunately, she was intact when I unwrapped her! Fun stuff. Anyway, she's a nice teal/aqua shade, which I like, and I even like the pink areas even though I'm normally not a pink fan. They go well together!
That's it for today - check back soon for more New Arrivals!
That's it for today - check back soon for more New Arrivals!

.jpg)
.jpg)
No offense meant to you--but can you explain why you're using such a dark background to feature your models on??
ReplyDeleteDon't know what it looks like on your side of the monitor, but from a reader's viewpoint, because many of the models are already dark in color in the 1st place, you can NOT see the details of the model you're showing us!!
Is there any way of switching to a lighter or neutral background for your future photos??
Your blog is usually one that I come to when I want to hear what the current Breyer news/releases are!! Now we can't see them as well!! Is this the glitch you were speaking about??
My apologies, I usually photograph new arrivals on carpet or whatever background is most handy, then photograph them again on the dark background for cataloguing purposes (because I like the backgrounds to match), but this year I decided to skip the first set of photographs and just use the black background for the new arrivals. They look fine on both of my monitors, so maybe it's a calibration issue?
Delete