Greetings, readers! Well, Breyerfest is over for another year, and you know what that means - time for some New Arrivals! Today we'll be looking at Flinka, the Celebration Model, and her friends Vindur from Dalalif and Ojvind. Flinka, Vindur and Ojvind. Doesn't that kinda sound like Breyer's version of the Three Stooges? Or Winken, Blinken and Nod? Huh. Well, anyway...
I love the soft color on this one! She's so pretty. I didn't notice any terribly major quality issues with the Celebration Models this year - it helped that I had nine to choose from. The planted back foot/leg did seem to be warped on some of them, but I don't know if it affected their stability any - I picked one that wasn't as warped and she seems to stand okay. I'll definitely be adding the glossy one to my want list for the future.
Next up is Vindur from Dalalif and his delightful floofy feets. Unfortunately, I'm realizing now that I didn't get to see Vindur and his floofy feets in person! He wasn't in his stall when I walked by the guest horse barn. Well, maybe he'll be a guest horse next year and I can see him then. Anyway, the model is very pretty! I really hope he sold well enough that they won't use him for the Breyermidwest glossy, because he'd be beautiful in gloss. He's one of my favorite models from the event.
And lastly for today, it's Nod Ojvind! His mealy parts aren't as yellow in real life. I feel like the color makes him look a bit tubby? Or maybe he's just tubby anyway. Mealy bay isn't my favorite horse color, but it looks nice on him. Maybe this one will be the glossy Breyermidwest model? Guess we'll find out in a few months!



No comments:
Post a Comment