Monday, February 26, 2024

Breyerfest tickets and new Test runs!

 Amazing news today, readers - Breyerfest tickets are finally available for purchase! Find them here. But be sure you buy the exact tickets you want, because there aren't any refunds. If you're a parent who isn't interested in special run models, buy General Admission tickets for yourself and VIP/All Access for your horse-crazy kids. If you can't come in person, buy an online ticket, not an All-Access or VIP ticket, because the tickets are digital this year and anyone you transfer them to is taking the risk that you won't use the QR codes yourself before they can (not saying anyone would, but that's the risk with transferring tickets to other people this year). 

I did grab a VIP ticket on the off chance that they sell out (not likely, but you never know), and secured Fight Song and Fighter and Survivor for myself, along with Just Like Fire and Gascon the Great. I hadn't realized it before, but since I don't need any of the other Limited Editions, this means I won't even need to visit the Breyer Store unless I want to. I probably will anyway to pick up whatever inevitable mid-year (or 2024 releases) I still need, but it's nice to have the option. 

While I'm glad we can finally buy the tickets, I was a little irked to see the $8 processing fee for the online tickets included in the ticket prices. Why are they making us pay the processing fee for something we didn't ask for? I don't mind that the tickets went digital (though I will miss the short-lived ticket books), but don't change this all up on us and then make US pay for your decision. 

Okay, rant over. Next on the news list: new Test Run models to enter for! This time there are two of them! 









There doesn't seem to be any backstory for why these have the same paint job. They're pretty, though! Nothing I need. They're priced at $1200, which is actually fairly reasonable - $600 each, which is probably roughly what they're worth. Merrylegs and Midnight Tango aren't the most popular models. The pattern does roughly resemble that of the original Midnight Tango, but with a bit more white on the back. Anyway, enter for them here. Good luck to everyone entering! I'm not interested in them myself, so at least you won't have me for competition! 

No comments:

Post a Comment