Wednesday, July 19, 2023

Lots of Breyerfest drama lately!

 Greetings, readers! I hope everyone made it home from Kentucky safely, and/or made it out with their credit cards intact, with regards to online attendees. After a long day of flights and traipsing through airports yesterday, I finally got home around midnight last night - more than an hour after I was supposed to, but I guess that's what happens when you fly United through Chicago. 

Unfortunately, the post-Breyerfest posting schedule is going to be a little different this year, due to the fact that I left all my purchases in Kentucky. This is because we're moving to Kentucky in a little more than a month! My husband and I have lived in our hometown, or within a short distance of it, for our whole lives and when I found out my job was moving to Lexington, we decided to take the plunge and see what life is like somewhere else. Huzzah! 

Anyways, since my Breyerfest purchases are still in Kentucky, and we aren't moving until the end of next month, I won't be able to do my usual New Arrivals posts until after we move, so they may not end up happening after all. I will still be able to do my Breyerfest Closeups posts, though - as soon as I have time to pull photos off my camera. But as a preview, we have some fun stuff to look at - the reveal of June's collector club sneak peek (the Classic Polo Pony!), a new unicorn (Mason in blue!), the mini Zafirah (somehow her front legs aren't quite as bad in Stablemate scale!), in-person photos of Jota (Pretty!) and more! 

In other news, if you've been paying attention to the Bidspirit website where the Breyerfest live auction online bidding took place, you may have noticed that some of the auction final prices have dropped a bit from where they ended last Friday. And on some of them, "a bit" means "a LOT." Like the Quadriga raffle model on Fireheart - the auction ended at $17,000, but now has dropped to $4,000, presumably because of bidders backing out. Or the Pegasus on Newsworthy - online bidders bid it up to $23,000 before the auction even started, and no one else at the actual auction was interested in bidding higher. But now his sale price is $6,000. Makes you wonder if these people ever actually intended to pay at all, or if a minor got ahold of Daddy's credit card, or someone was trying to bid things high to drive away other bidders and then back out so the second (or third) bidder could get it? Hmm, it's almost like the auction should be taking place entirely in-person to avoid these issues. After all, I'm sure the Quadriga and Pegasus would have gone higher than their new final sale prices, had all bidding been taking place in person. Just a thought. 

There's also apparently been a rash of thefts at the Clarion this year. I remember seeing at least four Facebook posts about stolen models at the Clarion. Fortunately it didn't happen to me, but it's always disappointing when certain hobbyists can't keep their sticky fingers under control. At least one of the aforementioned thefts was reported to police (along with camera footage of said theft), so hopefully we get some kind of resolution on that one. 

Well, that's it for today - hopefully I have time to pull photos off my camera soon so I can start working on Breyerfest Closeups posts. See you then! 

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your upcoming move!
    Uprooting from your known home life is a big change for anyone but especially when you've lived in your hometown your whole life. Take all the time you need, we'll be here when you get settled and have time to post again.

    ReplyDelete