Friday, July 14, 2023

Breyerfest Day 1: I choose...violence

 Well, readers, day 1 of Breyerfest is over - and boy was it crazy! Where to begin? Pretty much every special run has a variation, except the in-store Limited Editions and apparently Nemea, for some reason. The surprise is Hamilton, surprising many! Cue the fistfights (though I haven't seen any battles yet so far). Let's see, here's the glossy set of Stagecoach Surprise models in the silent auction:










My wallet is crying already, and I'm not even done buying all of mine yet. I wanted to spread things out over the course of the day to try to maximize my chances of not getting duplicates, but I only had time to pick up three in the end. So far I've gotten the glossy chestnut, matte black tobiano and matte roan (?) pinto. I'm excited to buy my other six tomorrow, though my bank account isn't. Other variations include: glossy Wells, some kind of colorshift on Peanutine and Speos, braided mane/tail on Jump & Drive, the Action Stock Horse Foal (rather than Standing) in the Surrey and Axle set and some kind of cremello (I think) Scurry. But nothing on Nemea, I guess? It seems weird that they would leave one of them out. Maybe something will show up tomorrow?










Here's a new set that was revealed today: a rider doll based on Cheryl White, the first female black jockey, and a portrait model of one of her horses, on the Classic Thoroughbred mold. Huzzah! And it comes with a book based on Cheryl White's life. I am not sure when it'll be available, though.










Here's the Best Customs Contest prizes for this year. When I went through the silent auction it didn't have any bids yet, but that was right away this morning, so I'm sure it has bids by now. I wonder how high it'll go?










Also in the silent auction is this test for the Stagecoach Surprise. What a stunner! I'm almost afraid to see how high he goes!

I'm trying to think of what else was revealed today. Lots of fun things in the Collector Club tent, though I haven't been in there yet. Maybe tomorrow I'll have time, in between paying for models and crying as I run out of money.

It was a good day, though - other than the few Stagecoach Surprise models I managed to get, we also went on a tour of Hill 'n' Dale at Xalapa and I went to the live show at the Alltech Arena for the first time since 2019. I also picked up all my VIP stuff (no variations there) and my Bravour 54 models. I have them priced super-low to try to move them out ($10 each) and managed to sell one earlier, so that's good. 8 more to go!

I haven't had anyone stop in and mention the blog yet, so make sure to stop by (Room 409) and get your free Stablemate! And check back tomorrow for more exciting Breyerfest news!

1 comment:

  1. I would stop if I was there! Maybe I'll catch you next year (or the next). :)

    ReplyDelete