Monday, July 24, 2023

Breyerfest Closeups: Adonis

Greetings, readers! Since we still don't have the numbers breakdown for this year's Breyerfest...you're getting another Breyerfest Closeups post today! Say hello to Adonis! 


 







As I may have mentioned before, this guy is intended as a mate/dad for the Carina and Selene set from 2017, hence his wild leopard color. He's certainly a beauty! 




















He's in the midst of performing a courbette, but also looks like he could just be rearing (which will probably be the assumption for his many non-Lipizzan uses in the future). 















We definitely need more Roman-nosed beauties in our collections! I'm excited to see this guy in person. 















He seems to be an actual production sample, so I'd say he looks pretty good. Okay, I'll admit I'm not the biggest fan of mottling around the eyes (even if it is realistic), but other than that I really like him! 

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like he'll be released until the fall, so we're going to be waiting a while to see him in person. Sheesh, we'll be settled into our new house by then! I'll have to make sure I have a space cleared for him - my husband is already in Kentucky and I've instructed him to build some more shelves in his spare time, but I don't know if that's actually going to happen. Guess I'll find out later! In the meantime, tune in next time for another Breyerfest Closeup...or commentary about the numbers breakdowns, if we ever get those...

No comments:

Post a Comment