Sunday, July 30, 2023

Breyerfest Closeups: Santino

 Greetings, readers! Well, it's time for another Breyerfest Closeups post! This time we're taking an up-close look at Santino, the new gambler's choice (groan) release on the Classic Polo Pony. It's about time this mold got some love! Check them out: 

















So we have a glossy dappled palomino, an interestingly-patterned bay pinto and a chestnut extended blanket appaloosa. Hooray! They're all really attractive colors, though nothing I need to buy. 

















Here's a closeup of the chestnut appaloosa. I like the blue bands in his tail! 
















Here's the bay. It looks like all three colors have the same color tail bands, which is a little disappointing. I can't decide if the bay pinto or the palomino is my favorite. 















The palomino has a TON of dapples! I wonder if the mane and tail are pearly? Doesn't look like I got close enough to tell in these photos. 















It seems like these guys have a different type of base than usual, too. Isn't it usually plastic? These look like wood. Maybe it's just plastic that looks like wood. The ones on IDYB look like plastic that looks like wood, so I guess we'll find out. 















I'm mostly just glad that this is a release I don't need to buy, because my wallet is still pretty tapped out from Breyerfest. These guys are pretty, though! 














I wish I'd been able to get some different angles, but I tend to obey the "Please don't touch" signs, so these were the only ones I could get. Oh well. 

Well, I think most of us are hoping Breyer waits a good long while before they release these, so people can recover from Breyerfest. Of course, that probably means they'll be released this week - let's hope not! 

3 comments:

  1. The bay sports a manchado pinto pattern, found rarely in several breeds in Argentina, including polo ponies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I didn't think it was overo but couldn't think of what it actually was.

      Delete