Tuesday, June 19, 2018

More auction models!

The slow dribble of auction model releases continues! I don't know if I like this technique better than the usual countdown or not...I mean, one new model every day vs. four new ones every week? Seems about the same in the long run. Oh well. Here's lot 6!



Oooh! This is only the second time we've had a Secretariat auction model. My only gripe is that they could have photographed him from a less-weird angle. Nice color, though.

Next, lot 7!



Looks like we've had a handful of Phar Lap auction models in the past, but not anytime recently. This guy is pretty! The blog describes him as a, "Chalky Warm Dapple Gray," designed by Sommer Prosser. The angle is still odd, but better than the Secretariat.

Next, lot 8!



This one I'm not so crazy about...he reminds me of the test Clydesdale Mare sold on the website a couple years back, or last year's Rana raffle model, and not in a good way. The weird angle (again...) doesn't help, either. I'm sure he's posed like that to show off the stripey mane, but it irritates me when people photograph the off side of a model for promotion. I want to see the other side! Gah.

And lastly, lot 9!



There sure are a lot of old racehorse molds popping up in this auction group, huh? I guess it was inevitable, since they're using all or most of the more recent racehorses in the racehorse-themed Breyerfest. As for this Racehorse, he's a vintage mold in a yummy vintage color. Charcoal isn't my favorite colorway, but when it's nice and dark (I don't like the brown highlights on some of them), with a nice glossy finish...yum! There's a test Charcoal Nokota floating around Breyer headquarters that I'd love to see in a wider release, by the by.

That's it for this week's auction releases - hopefully we see more exciting things next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment