Sunday, June 17, 2018

Featured Model - 6/17/2018, Red Bay Herd Stallion

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...the Red Bay Herd Stallion!



This handsome guy was produced for the 2008 Treasure Hunt event, in which collectors sent in the UPC codes from three mare and foal sets and received one of several possible stallions in return, all on the Huckleberry Bey mold sculpted by Kathleen Moody.

There were four different possible stallions you could receive from this Treasure Hunt. In order of presumed rarity, they were the Black, Red Bay, Mahogany Bay and Glossy Honey Bay colors. The Glossy Honey Bay is still highly sought-after even to this day. I don't own one and probably never will, because I've never been a fan of the honey bay colorway and thus am not willing to pay the high prices he usually brings.

I wasn't participating in the hobby when this treasure hunt took place, which makes me really sad now! I would have been super excited to guy all those fun mare and foal sets and see what color stallion I would get. I only have two of the mare and foal sets now (both variations of the Susecion and Le Fire), but it would have been fun nonetheless.

It might seem odd that I'm writing about another Huck so soon after I wrote about a previous Huck, but them's the breaks, it seems. Blame my busy work schedule, I guess.

Interestingly, this is the model I mentioned in a previous post as having spent most of the last two years on his side due to a broken peg stuck in his hoof. Fortunately, I finally had my husband extract the peg for me, and with a quick application of a replacement stand, he's standing on his own...two? four? feet again and taking his prancy spot on the shelf next to his Huck brethren. Woohoo!

Not much else to say about this guy except that I hope he pops up again soon? Maybe as the last America the Beautiful web special? We've never had a Huck web special, so anything is possible!

No comments:

Post a Comment