Tuesday, April 16, 2024

Glossy HD Harkness!

Great news, readers - my glossy HD Harkness has arrived! Many thanks to my sister-in-law, who picked him up in Denver for me. 















What a beauty! 
















Harkness looks great in gloss. 





















Unfortunately, his quality isn't so great - he's got some scuffs and scratches under the gloss. You'd think they'd inspect these guys a little bit before glossing them? Gloss flaws are one thing, but clearly visible black scuffs are another story altogether. 

It doesn't seem like these glossy Harknesses were very popular - not that the glossy Breyerwest special run has ever been that popular, as far as I know. I wonder if they're going to keep doing them in the future? Probably doesn't help that the original Harkness wasn't that popular either, probably because the promo photos showed a shaded bay but the actual production models were a pretty flat bay color. Maybe next year they'll only gloss 200 instead of 250? Who knows. Looks like a few of them did sell in the $300-$500 range on eBay recently, so maybe I'm totally off base and they were popular after all. 

But since my focus is on collecting, not really showing, I'm not too upset about it. He'll look pretty on the shelf next to my regular Harkness! 

No comments:

Post a Comment