Monday, August 14, 2023

Adonis and Breyerfest second chance sale!

 Lots of great news today, readers! First off, my Adonis arrived today! Behold: 




















Very handsome! 





















Definitely an impressive sculpt. At first he just looks like a rearing horse, until you look a little closer and realize he's actually hopping. 

Unfortunately, I think this is the first Premier Club model I've had whose paint job could be described as "atrocious." He had little bits of something black and sticky all over him, along with debris in the paint job, rubs/smears on some of his spots, and something that was hard to pick up in photographs - brown overspray over parts of his white areas.





















It's hard to see, but in the above picture, the overspray (if that's what it is) forms a vague upside-down U shape over the horse's back. It's also present on the top of his right hindquarter. 





















It's somewhat visible in this photo - it almost looks like a shadow on the horse, but instead it's that brown overspray over the top of the hindquarter and also on the stifle. You can also see one of his messed-up spots in this photo. 





















His eartips are a little questionable too. Some of the black specks I was able to pick off without too much trouble, but others, not so much. Is this the worst-painted Premier Club model I've ever seen? I think so. I guess he looks fine from a distance? I'm actually tempted to ask for an exchange on this one, but we're moving in less than two weeks, so it's going to have to wait until afterward. Maybe I'll just put him on my shelf and call it a day. I'm also a bit unhappy that I paid for 2-3-day shipping and the horse still took 6 days to get here. Normally my orders are here in a week, so this is within a normal shipping time...if I'd stuck with standard shipping. So I suppose I'd have been waiting until Thursday for him if I hadn't paid for the faster shipping. 

In happier news, the Breyerfest second chance sale has finally been announced - it's happening tomorrow at 1pm EST. I'm probably going to try to get a couple more Studebakers, and I'm toying with the idea of getting a couple more Stagecoaches to try to get a glossy black one. But do I want to risk getting stuck with a couple of mattes nobody wants? I'll admit it's fun to open them, and they probably wouldn't be too hard to get rid of if they're not what I want, considering Hamilton's popularity. I guess I've still got a few hours to think about it. But the Studebakers are definitely my first priority. Good luck tomorrow, everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment