Monday, March 27, 2023

Best Customs Contest prizes revealed!

 Greetings, readers! Last week's two sneak peeks were revealed on the blog today- meet this year's Best Customs Contest prizes! I'll start with Kansas: 









Ooh, she's pretty! I believe this is the first time a Best Customs prize has been done in chestnut. As expected, that's the original Forever Saige pattern. I'm simultaneously breathing a sigh of relief that this model wasn't a black version of Hamilton (yay!) while also saying goodbye to my complete Forever Saige collection (boo!). 

Next, here's the runner-up prize, Willamette:









Guess I have to say goodbye to a complete Darley collection, too. Oh well. He's pretty too! I wish Breyer would hold some kind of creative writing contest with these kinds of prizes for people that don't have the artistic skills to compete. 

In other news, while I don't have any photos, the Vintage Club and Premier Club welcome letters have been arriving in people's mailboxes. They're being very cryptic with this year's Vintage Club releases, which irritates me to no end. Signups are closed! Subscribers are locked in! With the lukewarm reaction to the first two releases, maybe people would be more enthusiastic about the rest of them if they KNEW WHAT THEY WERE! Sheesh. Don't even get me started on the "leaping Lipizzaner" Stablemate coming at the end of the year - the only Stablemate mold that fits that description is Darwin, with a really loose definition of "leaping." 

Anyway, apparently this year's Premier Club Stablemate is a miniature Zafirah, which...doesn't fill me with excitement. I suspect she won't be the same color as Cancion, since it would be super similar to her original color. Nor do I think she'll be the buckskin leopard-pintaloosa-whatever sneak peek we got, since that's a wildly not-Arabian color. So maybe whatever color the mare and foal set are? And yes, we got official confirmation of a draft mare and foal set (I know we got a sneak peek of that last year). Finally! Hey, maybe I can trade my mini Zafirah for the VC Stablemate. Here's hoping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment