Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Another Breyerwest is in the books!

Hello, everyone! I've been shamefully neglectful in posting about it, but this year's Breyerwest took place this past weekend at the Northwest Horse Fair and Expo in Albany, OR. And Breyer brought some examples of this year's Breyerfest models with them! First, a view of the Breyer Booth, from Breyer's Facebook page:



As you can see, Dally and Spanky made an appearance this year! It's always good to see the dog and pony show back in action.

And here are some of the Breyerfest 2018 special runs! All photos courtesy of Julia N. on Facebook, used with permission. First, here's a look at Woodford, the Saturday raffle model!



It's hard to tell for sure, but he looks pearly in his mane and tail and on his feathers. I wonder if he's basecoated? I'll have to get an up-close photo of him at Breyerfest and see. He's definitely pretty, though!



Next we have Julep and Pim. They look pretty nice, although these are prototypes, so who knows what the final product will look like. It doesn't look like Julep has any dapples to potentially screw up, though, so we can always hope. And I like the Carina mold more every time I see her! Pim's back looks really flat, but it's probably just a trick of the light. Her paint job looks reasonably intricate, too. I wonder what their run number will be? I'm really hoping they do a matte/glossy split on these! I keep hoping they'll stealth-change Pim's lame name, but it doesn't look like it's happened yet.



Here's Riddle, the early bird raffle. I'm not really a fan of the Man o' War mold, but I have to admit that color looks really nice on him. I'm almost always a fan of glossy gray paintjobs, though, so I might be biased. Hopefully they do/did a nice job with him, but with a run of only three, it'll be hard to mess that up.



Next we have the PAM special run, Sierra Rose. She looks nice too, although I'm guessing this is the model we already saw pictured on the blog. I wonder what sort of variations we'll see on her? She looks nice and rosy in the photo, but I wonder if she'll have varying degrees of rosiness. There's been speculation on whether they'll all have the white head, too. Her dapples look a tad polka-dotty, though, so I'll reserve judgement until I see one in person.



And lastly, we have the Duende, Straight Bet! His coloring certainly is rich, and I don't see any gloss issues. He looks like he has dapples, but they look a lot more subtle than Sierra Rose's. With a combination of both dapples and gloss, though, we're bound to get a few doozies. Hopefully there won't be too many! I'll definitely be trying for this guy. For how much I like his front end, I wish his rear end was a little more substantial, though.

I'm a little disappointed that they didn't have a sample of Dead Heat there, but I suppose I'll live.

I'll close with this photo from Breyer's Facebook, showing Dally and Spanky from a different angle:




Is that a Zena I see in the background? Ahhh! I must have her! I'm definitely hoping my husband gets her for my birthday next week.

That's about all I've got for today - someday maybe I'll be able to go to Breyerwest, but there honestly isn't currently a lot of incentive for me. I don't show, and we have a perfectly serviceable horse expo or two of our own within a much more reasonable drive of where I live. Maybe if Breyer offered a Breyerwest special run or two...but Albany's a bit awkward to get to by flying, so it would probably be more worthwhile to just have somebody pick it up for me if that were the case. Maybe someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment