Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Breyerfest 2018 tickets are now available!

Exciting news, everyone! Tickets to Breyerfest 2018 are officially on sale, and we have official photos of the Celebration Model Brass Hat, along with a couple of other reveals!



Ooh, I like the Brass Hat model more every time I see him. He'll make an excellent addition to the Carricks, although I hope they put a little more effort into his production than they did with Nazruddin last year. He's shiny without being glossy, as far as I can tell. Which means Glossy Brass Hat will likely be the prize for the costume contest! Must think of an entertaining entry...

We also know the early bird model - Riddle!




Undoubtedly named after Samuel D. Riddle, owner of Man o' War, War Admiral and others in his Thoroughbred breeding operation. The model is a really nice color, at least, but the only other thing I really have to say about it is...at least they got this mold out of the way early, and I don't have to be disappointed if I don't get drawn for the early bird!

Lastly for the reveals, we have a store special - Icabad Crane!




There's a blurb about him on the Guest Horses page, but it's not surprising at all that they're bringing at least one other former racehorse to Breyerfest! His model is on True North, so I don't need to buy one, fortunately. The color looks good on him, though!

Speaking of guest horses, two of them are real horses behind this year's new portrait models! EZ to Spot and Empres are both listed as guests, along with Foiled Again and Lil' Ricky Rocker (who will be on the guest horse list until the day he dies, presumably).

Exciting stuff! I hope more gets announced soon, though this time of year does tend to be dreary and dull. Maybe Breyer will be a little more generous doling out the tidbits this year? I hope so.

No comments:

Post a Comment