Attention, Collector Club members! I'm a bit late with this and most of the good stuff is sold out, but Breyer is having a Christmas in July sale now (or "sale," since none of the prices are lower than they were originally)! They're not giving the warehouse any sort of a break, huh? Check out the sale here. The sale went live while I was sleeping, so I didn't get anything (not that I would have, except maybe a Tannenbaum). Maybe next time!
In the meantime, it's time to continue with the New Arrivals! First up:
That's right, it's the man of the hour, BF's hottest item (other than Oseburg and The Wanderer), the bestseller in every time zone - Helsinki! Seems like everybody wanted this guy - they were flying off the tables faster than the workers could unpack them at the handout tent. But can you blame him? He looks great in that shade of blue, with the dapples and shading, and a layer of gloss over the top? Beautiful. Another reason I was glad I got the VIP ticket, so I'd get the Stablemate 4-pack and be guaranteed to get him.
Next we have Stjarna, one of the models from the Best of Breyerfest Series 7 set. He's a mini version of Seren, the 2008 contest prize on Bouncer. Kit looks good in bay overo, though I don't know what breed to assign to him. Some kind of American sport pony? More thought is required.
Lastly for today, we have Faroe, also from the Best of Breyerfest Series 7 set. Stjarna and Faroe were the only models from the set I wanted - the rest went on sale in my room at the Clarion. Anyway, Faroe is a mini version of Capri, the early bird raffle model from 2008. I don't think he matches the Capri all that well, though - Capri has more shading on his legs and muzzle and the body color doesn't quite match. Still looks nice, though.
And that's it for New Arrivals for today! More New Arrivals are coming soon, as well as Breyerfest Closeups!
And that's it for New Arrivals for today! More New Arrivals are coming soon, as well as Breyerfest Closeups!



No comments:
Post a Comment