Monday, May 8, 2023

The Shelbys are here!

 Greetings, readers! Well, it's the moment you've all been waiting for (well, at least the moment I've been waiting for)! My Shelby models are here! First off, here's a pic of the boxes (and the hands of a very excited 4-year-old):













Next, the three models, carefully stacked and photographed without looking at them:



And the results! 



Score! All three colors! My luck was in today! 




The very handsome Appaloosa, who apparently had the same stencil as the 70th Anniversary Indian Pony from a few years back. He had a few smears on his spot edges but nothing major otherwise.





Here's the pinto, with the unfortunate masking mistake on his mane (not sure what happened there, but it seems to be present on all of them). I didn't spot any flaws on him other than the masking error.


















Lastly, the glossy bay! What a handsome guy. I'd like to have gotten a picture of him with Bolero, but my Bolero is already packed away in the storage unit, so that's going to have to wait a while. I didn't see many flaws on this one other than the typical little bits of lint, and the gloss under his mane on the off side is a bit lighter than I'd like, but hard to avoid with that mane in the way. Also, shame on me as a former Mustang owner for not immediately recognizing the Shelby - Mustang connection. D'oh! 

All in all, a great mail day for me! So glad I got all three colors and don't have to bother with trading to get the ones I want. It looks like a lot of other people have gotten good varieties of colors too, so maybe the warehouse didn't take the "gambler's choice" thing too literally this time. I'm excited to see what we get from Breyer next! 

1 comment:

  1. I just got my Shelby today! He's the pinto. With that odd bit of masking weirdness on his mane, I'm really tempted to see if someone can do a touch-up job on him. The coat color is absolutely beautiful, but the masking flaws are going to drive me to distraction. But now I need to dig out my Hidalgo so I can have the two sparring on my shelf.

    ReplyDelete