Thursday, September 27, 2018

Virgil is here!

Hello, readers! In lieu of anything else to post about, my Virgil finally arrived yesterday! After a trip to our old apartment building to pick him up (the box didn't get forwarded to our house for some reason), here he is!



He's so pretty! Look at his cute little horn. He really works well as a unicorn - now if only Breyer would come out with a full-size companion for him!



I'm not sure if Breyer was going for a glossy finish with this guy or not - his show side is more semigloss, but his off side definitely looks glossy.



Quality-wise, he's...okay. There's a weird line at the top of his shoulder in the above photo that almost looks like a failed attempt at marbling. He doesn't seem to have it anywhere else except in a spot at the base of his mane on the other side of his neck, so I'm not sure what happened there.



He also sheds glitter from his glittery areas, oddly enough. I was surprised by that because usually Breyer seals that stuff on there pretty well. Maybe it's different for their Christmas ornaments.

 He's still cute from a distance, though! Only a few more weeks until I can hang him on our Christmas tree!

Also, I'm a little perplexed about his name. It's not really the name I would give a mystical unicorn. I think maybe Jasper and Virgil should have had their names switched. Wikipedia says jasper can be blue (rarely), and that almost fits this guy! Maybe I'll just call this guy Jasper in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment