Sunday, September 16, 2018

Jasper and Boone!

More exciting news! Our local Tractor Supply finally stocked its holiday Breyer selection! I'll start with Boone:



I'm not planning on buying one, so there's just the one photo of him. Doesn't he look a lot like Salpicado? I guess he's different enough to tell them apart at a glance, but I still thought it was interesting. I've thought about starting a Ranch Horse conga off and on, but it just hasn't happened yet. I like his head, but not his weird pose.

Anyway, next we have Jasper! Check him out! (The weird pattern is from the window screen behind him).



I love his shading and his white socks!



I'm so glad Breyer gave this guy plenty of white markings. I'm still a little salty about Two Step and his almost complete lack of any white!



The only nitpick I have is that his name doesn't really strike me as a "western" name. I'd have gone with Durango, or Dude or something. Maybe Breyer ran out of name ideas.



All in all, though, he's still a worthy addition to the collection! I'm just glad our Tractor Supply has him in stock - we stopped at a different TSC today and there was no sign of their holiday Breyer display anywhere. Weird!

That's all I have for today - hopefully we get more exciting releases soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment