Saturday, September 22, 2018

Featured Model - 9/22/2018, Indigo

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Indigo!



This guy was one of the four brand-new Stablemate molds introduced at Breyerfest 2013. All four were in high demand, but the only two I wanted were Indigo and Chrome. I was able to acquire Chrome fairly quickly after Breyerfest, but Indigo eluded me until last year's Breyerfest! He's item #711158 on the G4 Icelandic mold sculpted by Jane Lunger, and 1,250 were produced.

I really like this little guy, probably because he's blue - and such a nice shade of blue! I love his black points too, and he's glossy to boot.  Someone at Breyer must have really liked his design, because a very similar one later showed up on Sherman Morgan at 2014's Big Easy Bash collector event. I don't own Crescent City, but wish I did! I remember seeing a photo of Indigo and Crescent City and almost drooling with envy.

As for the Icelandic mold, he's seen quite a bit of use lately - he's in the regular line in at least three different ways, and he's also the chase piece for the Series 2 Blind Bags people have been finding at Walmart. Last year he was the gambler's choice model for the Stablemate Club, so that's a lot of new colors on him in just the last couple of years! Due to that, I don't see him being used for anything else (except maybe showing up in a Suncatcher Stablemates set somewhere down the road), but who knows - maybe we'll see him at this year's Scottsdale Stampede. I can't wait to see where he pops up next!

No comments:

Post a Comment