Friday, October 18, 2024

Y’ALL READY FOR THIS??

 Well, clearly I used the above title too early when I ordered my Tigerlily and Firestorm. Today we have reveals for next year’s Premier and Stablemates Clubs! Apparently these were pages in one of the holiday catalogs that’s being sent out. Are you guys excited yet? I’ll start with the Premier Club:











That’s right, we’re getting a mule! It’s about time we had a new one, though I’m going to reserve judgement on this one until we see some better photos. 











Zomg! It’s a shrunken PAM with a turned head! Or at least that’s what I thought at first, until a particularly astute Blabber pointed out how similar she is to the original Hagen-Renaker Zara that the PAM is based on, using this photo from an eBay listing…


















They’re pretty much identical! But how did Breyer get the rights to use Zara? Will they be coming out with more officially-licensed Hagen-Renaker stuff in the future? I believe the company (or what’s left of it) is owned by sometime Breyer sculptor Kristina Lucas Francis, so I’m thinking we may see more in the future. Exciting!

There was also a blurb about the 2025 Vintage Club, but Breyer seems to have an aversion to previews of that club, so no photos. The only pertinent information is that membership numbers are being increased to 1200, which seems like a mistake - most of the releases sell well below cost on the secondary market, and increasing the numbers won’t help that situation.


No comments:

Post a Comment