Monday, October 21, 2024

Well, that was unexpected

 Wow, I guess it's time for this year's Wild Animal series release! Say hello to Mangoky! 


















Ring-tailed lemurs are pretty fun to watch at the zoo, but I wasn't expecting one to become a Breyer model. This guy is pretty cool, though - he almost, almost could pass for a splash pinto if it weren't for his stripey tail. I'm not crazy about the tail, but I'd be happy to be able to add this guy to my collection regardless. Speaking of which, there are 750 of this guy, so maybe I'll get drawn for him (still stinging over not being drawn for Petra). The deadline to enter is 10/23, so don't waste any time entering if you want him! Hah, remember when they'd do a teaser photo first, make us wait a week for the reveal, then the entry period was another week long, then it would take up to a week after that for models to arrive at people's houses? I don't miss that at all. Good luck to everyone entering! 

Also, it was announced today that Breyerwest is moving - and changing its name! Breyerwest will now be known as BreyerMidwest. Doesn’t…quite roll off the tongue the same way, does it?












I don’t know anyone in Salina, KS, so I guess I’ll have to go back to hoping they don’t gloss anything I want for the BreyerMidwest special run. Maybe they’ll think of a better name later? 

No comments:

Post a Comment