Tuesday, July 30, 2024

Blue Zeus and Petra selections!

 Good news, readers! My Blue Zeus model finally arrived! Okay, he came last Friday, but I haven't had a chance to get photos of him until today. Behold! 

















What a beauty! 

















I'd gotten a shipping notice for him, but erroneously thought it was for my Llywellyn because the website said Blue Zeus was still unfulfilled. 





















I'm definitely grateful I got this guy when I did, because it looks like the warehouse is doing a repeat of the Lafayette debacle, where the orders printed out more-or-less randomly and people who ordered after the original allotment was sold out ended up getting models right away, while people who ordered before ended up having to wait until December.





















I'm grateful I managed to get one at all, really, what with all the warehouse issues I've been hearing about lately (crushed boxes, open boxes, crushed open boxes, boxes with no tape, empty boxes, orders arriving with everything but Blue Zeus, orders arriving with one model and the rest of the box full of bird seed/dog treats/cat food/underwear, damaged models, orders not being shipped at all despite it now being 2 weeks since Breyerfest ended, Breyer shotgunning out more releases without resolving the previous shipping issues first, honeycomb wrap not being honeycombed properly, Stablemates shipped in bubble mailers, orders containing Blue Zeus being delayed until December (including anything else in the order), probably more stuff I'm forgetting). Let's hope this is the event that makes Breyer finally dump CCG for a better warehouse. 

As for my Blue Zeus, he was pretty good in the quality department - I didn't see any major issues. He'll look great on my shelf with the rest of my Firehearts. I hope the warehouse gets people's orders sorted out soon, because it sounds like things are a disaster right now. 

In other news, the selections for Petra went out today! Check your email or your Collector Club account to see if you were drawn. With the new website came an update where you can click a button on your Collector Club Home page to see if you were drawn. Nothing here, unfortunately, so it looks like I'll have to grab one on the secondary market. Congrats to all the winners! 

4 comments:

  1. I agree on the shipping. My shipping label for the the celebration model was created 7/11 and only shipped 7/26, and I'm still waiting for my model. I still haven't received my breyerfest models. and when I emailed them, no response for over a week and when I called, they HUNG UP on me! POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE!!! Oh, and the stablemate Wild Things is shipping in a BUBBLE MAILER!! I was lucky the two i ordered weren't broken! No bubble wrap on them, no nothing. But they keep saying be patient. Well, I have an issue with that when you take my money, don't send out tracking, then REFUSE to give a customer updates. Oh, and not to mention the debacle of Alan A Days work and Fortitude showing up as "Sold Out" in my account after I had paid for them! so had to call to see if i was getting them or needed to initiate a chargeback and I was told "oh yeah, this is happening to a lot of people". So my guess is that people who are seeing "sold out" are not happy and rightfully so because you don't know if you're getting your model or not! I'm still waiting for three boxes to ship/arrive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I updated the list of issues and yeah, that's a pretty long list.

      Delete
  2. my shipping issue is that they printed the address label out of order (I included both my PO box and street address) so I had to call ups to correct it. only for the box with special runs though; the limited editions arrived fine. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah my 1st Stablemate showed up in a bubble mailer with no additional padding. First Athena showed up in a giant box that was 90% paper filler (at least I got paper filler?). Second and third Athenas showed up in a similar giant box, no paper filler, tape half undone, and slightly crushed. The rest of my first online order should be here on Tuesday, minus the 4 pack decorator Stablemates set. No idea if or when those are arriving. I feel bad for the Breyer CS folks, this has to be miserable for them.

    ReplyDelete