Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Just when I thought my money was safe...

 Greetings, readers! Well, while I wasn't present at the Spokes and Spurs collector event over the weekend, I did receive some photos from Blabbers regarding it. Firstly, the reveal of the next Exotic Destinations model (and the last Stablemates Club model for this year):





















His name is Rio. A web special on the Marchador? Nice color, but I don't think it's going to sell very well. Count me out! The sculpt got horribly mangled during the molding process and those toothpick front legs aren't doing it any favors either. 

Next, here's the centerpiece model! 

















They usually use older, unpopular molds for the centerpieces, so I wasn't too surprised to see the Western Prancing Horse. He fits in with the western theme pretty well, I'd say. 26 of these guys were given away to Spokes and Spurs attendees! I do like the color scheme, though. Maybe we'll see it on something more attainable in the future. 

Edit: I forgot to mention the silent auction. Although I don't know exactly how many lots there were, I saw photos of the following: a complete set of the Vintage Club Cantering Welsh Ponies, what appeared to be a full set of the Ponies and Palm Trees special runs (!) and the usual Design Your Own Breyer. I don't know what any of them sold for, though. 

Lastly for today...it's time for the Collector Club Appreciation event! Seems like it gets earlier every year...anyways, here are the possible glossy models: 


















Buy $150 worth of merchandise, glossies are randomly-shipped, yadda yadda yadda. I need all of them except the Appaloosa, so I'm going to have to decide if I want to order that much stuff or just buy the glossy models outright (if that's still an option). Darn it, I just sold a model and wanted to use that money for the first Premier Club horse! 

Glossy Ezra is pretty, though. And Mojave! And Get Rowdy! Let's hope I get at least one of those, and not the Appaloosa. Hmm, I think I still have a matte Get Rowdy that I haven't been able to get rid of - maybe this will get someone to buy him from me to have a matching pair. Let's look on the bright side here! The sale begins at or around 1pm EST tomorrow, so have fun buying! 

No comments:

Post a Comment