Monday, October 23, 2023

Anton is here!

 Good news, everyone! I finally got my hands on an Anton, and he arrived today! Behold! 















He's so cute, with his little box, and the design that comes straight off of a Classic Lipizzaner box from the '70s, and his gloss, and...aww! I love him. 

















He even has some very minor pinking on his muzzle! 

















Quality-wise he's pretty good, though I wish his eyes had a little more detail (and were more neatly-painted). But you don't really notice it unless you look really close, so I guess I can overlook it. 

I've also seen some mentions on the Internets that he looks squished, and mine is no exception - he's substantially narrower through the chest than my other Darwins. The major difference between Anton and the rest of the Darwins is that Anton is molded from cellulose acetate, as Stablemates were in the "Vintage" days (modern Stablemates are molded from ABS). So the speculation is that something may be going wrong when switching the molding process from ABS to cellulose acetate. The Valerio models from a few years ago also had some major issues with looking like they'd been pinched or something. Hopefully Breyer gets the issue straightened out at some point, ideally by switching all Stablemate production back to cellulose acetate - though that seems unlikely. I can always hope, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment