Thursday, September 21, 2023

The Fabulous Thunderbirds

 Good news, everyone! Or, well, bad news if you're a Silver collector and don't have multiple Vintage Club memberships. Behold, the gambler's choice release for 2023!




















Oh boy. Four new Silvers? In four vintage paint jobs? Well, now I'm kinda regretting not joining the VC this year. Hmm...well...nah, still not worth it. But ouch! Four new Silvers, when I just got finished putting all my models on shelves and figured I wouldn't be getting any new Silvers anytime soon? I guess I do have room for more, but it's going to be hard to get all of these - I presume there are 250 of each color since the VC is up to 1,000 memberships this year. Sheesh! Sure hope I can find one or four for a decent price down the line, but I'm not enthusiastic about my chances.

Also, apparently this year's VC free Stablemate will ship with these as well! Here he is, if you're like me and forgot who he was:



















At least we're finally getting Darwin in a Lipizzaner color! Just one more thing for me to find later - though it'll probably be easier than getting any Thunderbirds. Anyway, I hope lucky VC members will get the colors they like! I think I like the palomino the best, followed by the bay, the Appaloosa and the pinto. 

No comments:

Post a Comment