Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Black Beauty and La Molina & Masella!

 Greetings, readers! Exciting news today - my Black Beauty and La Molina & Masella set are here! I'll start with Black Beauty: 





















Isn't he a beauty? I don't have the QVC Black Beauty to compare him to, but the reports I've seen on the Internets indicate that the new release is more of a grayish color than the original. 





















I'm still wondering why they reused Silver for this release when True North is right there. I suppose they figured they had to use Silver again since the horse is apparently a mustang in the new movie. 





















Quality-wise, he's pretty nice - I didn't see any flaws on him. Another worthy addition to the collection! 

Next, let's take a look at the mare and foal set whose names I'm tired of typing! 















The foal isn't as dark in real life as he is in the photo. Sadly, I don't have a Benasque to compare him to, but they haven't been a complete match in the photos I've seen online. I'm definitely glad to have these two, though! 















I'd forgotten how much I missed Breyer's silver filigrees - we used to get them every year, but the last one we had was 2018's silver filigree variant of Callahan. And she looks good with my other silver filigrees! 





















With regards to their quality...well, I didn't see anything wrong with the mare, but the foal apparently was splattered with white paint after he was glossed. I was able to scrape most of it off, but...how did it get there? When would he have been anywhere near white paint after he was pretty much done being painted? Weird. 

But anyways, I'm super stoked that I was drawn for these! Now if I can just find Benasque for a good price...

No comments:

Post a Comment