Sunday, May 15, 2022

Kingfisher selections and the next Collector Event!

 Well, the Kingfisher selections are out (yay!) but I wasn't drawn (boo!). Congratulations to all the winners! Maybe I'll get pulled off the waitlist - the payment deadline is 5/17, so don't dawdle. I'm starting to think I should have entered for Cardinal and/or Robin and Nestling so I could have done what I did with Puffin and Goldfinch last year and used them for trade fodder to get a Kingfisher. Hope springs eternal! 

In other news, it appears that Breyer giveth, but also taketh away...as some imagery for the next Collector Club special event was revealed, and then removed from the website. As any savvy Internet user knows, though, once it's on the Internet, it never goes away...so here are some images pertaining to the event.








Ponies and Palm Trees, coming to Wellington, Florida this November! 















The above (very handsome) Salinero is the event model, limited to 200 pieces. 

I'm slightly disappointed that this is taking place in Florida, as Breyer has already done an event like this in that state (Sunshine Celebration in 2011), and I was hoping the next one would be in Denver so it would be somewhat closer to me, should I be drawn to attend it. Or maybe Vegas? 

I'm also wondering if Breyer will increase the number of collectors allowed to attend, as it's becoming increasingly difficult to get drawn for these things in the last couple of years. 

In any case, I'm sure the models will be really nice! I couldn't help but notice the Salinero has all his markings mapped, which is a nice little touch! Let's hope the rest of the models have those kinds of details, too. And I'm excited to find out more information about the event itself! 

No comments:

Post a Comment