Saturday, July 17, 2021

Breyerfest Recap Day 2: Keep 'em Coming, People

 Well, day 2 of Breyerfest is now over! Since I didn't have any buying to do, I spent the day watching the live feed and one of the seminars, though I may watch the Celebration of Horses later. And we got some exciting reveals in the live feed today! Check out some bad screenshots of this year's Halloween collection:

















Say hello to Hermie, an adorable Frankenstein's-monster-horse plush! What a cutie.












And...more blind bag Stablemates. Bleh. Fortunately I only need one of them, and that one should be pretty easy to get my hands on, since I doubt many others will want it (the G2 Clydesdale). He did look pretty nice on the live feed, though; he looks like a pumpkin patch under a night sky. The other two are mini versions of Spirit of Hallow's Eve and Bogeyman...though you'd think the G2 Thoroughbred would have been the obvious choice for the Bogeyman. Oh well. No mention on whether there's going to be a Classics/Freedom Series release this year, but considering how well the last few have sold, I'd be surprised if there isn't one. 

Another exciting reveal was this year's Vintage Club bonus Stablemate! 





















While flipping him on the box helps hide that too-short front leg, his show side really doesn't do him any favors, and I'm again left wondering how that managed to make the cut. Though I suppose my opinion doesn't matter that much, since I don't collect the full-size SCO either. This release is a mini Yellow Mount, a takeoff on the original Yellow Mount on Adios, and will feature forearm-spot and no-forearm-spot versions (they should really slip some chalky ones in there too, to match up with the original release better). 


















We also got a look at the whiteware mini-Sharif in the Stablemates Club, and I have to say I like it better here than in yesterday's reveal. Might have to chalk it up to a bad Photoshop job again, I suppose. Now to see what color they paint him! 











Lastly, here's a view of the Nuggets, this year's Vintage Club gambler's choice release. Though I'm not a Brighty fan, they do look impressive! And at 125 each, they should hold their value fairly well on the secondary market. I'm most partial to the Copenhagen, myself, but to each their own. 

I wasn't one of the lucky raffle winners today, unfortunately. Maybe I'll get something in the VIP raffle? But congrats to everyone who did win! 

There's still plenty of time to buy stuff from the store; it still doesn't look like any of the models have sold out, and not a lot of the merch has either, but maybe tomorrow. I haven't heard if there's going to be a leftovers sale this year, but it would probably happen later this year if so. I guess we'll find out soon enough! 




1 comment: