Wednesday, January 20, 2021

New arrivals!

Well, this post is a little bit late, but...my Jol models are here! I was able to buy three of them, and these were the colors I got! Sorry for the lack of fanfare. 





















Well, two out of three ain't bad. These arrived quite a while ago, though, so in the meantime...





I was able to trade one of the clears for a red! Huzzah! 

I wasn't terribly disappointed to not get a Coal, since I don't collect the Galiceno mold, so it all worked out in the end. Woo! 

My glossy Cheesecake and WH Topgun models also arrived. Check out Cheesecake! 




Isn't he pretty? I still need to set him up next to my matte one and see how they look together.

















I love that kind of "milky" look his paint gets with the gloss added to it. Pamplemousse has the same type of effect and it's great.

Lastly, here's WH Topgun! 




I'm not as happy with him as some of the ones I've seen on the Internets - I feel like his dapples could be blended a little better. I like how he looks like a nicely weathered deerskin glove or something (sorry if that's a weird comparison), but the comparison works better if the dapples are more subtle. 






















He certainly is handsome though! And he looks good on the shelf next to his matte counterpart. Unfortunately, unlike the rest of the new arrivals, which didn't have many flaws to speak of, he's not the greatest in the quality department. More specifically, he looks like something snagged the edge of his ear before he was glossed, and both of his ears have rubs. He's got a few other minor flaws too, which all add up to something less than ideal...but I'd rather not deal with the hassle of trying to exchange him, if they even have any to exchange.

So, I'm glad Breyerfest 2020 is finally over for me! Haha! 

Anyway, the draw for the Breyerfest 2021 VIP tickets happens tomorrow! Good luck to everyone who entered. I'm seriously afraid I won't be able to get a Pollock if I'm not drawn, so I'm hoping against hope that I get one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment