Saturday, October 13, 2018

Featured Model - 10/13/2018, Gato

Hello and welcome to another edition of Featured Model, the weekly blog event where I pick a model from my collection, give some stats on it and provide commentary about it. This week's model is...Gato!



This cute little guy was part of a two-piece set honoring Tschiffely's Ride from Breyerfest 2016. His counterpart in that set was a bay pinto Duchess. They were item #711246 and 1,000 were made.

When this set was first announced, I somehow overlooked the fact that Gato was on this mold, because the promo photo showed Duchess in front of Gato and I didn't look at it very closely until after that Breyerfest was over. Which is a shame, because although the set was only supposed to be available in the pop-up tent, there were so many leftovers on Sunday that they were all moved into the Breyer Store. So I had plenty of opportunities to buy a set, but didn't realize I needed Gato until the event was over.

Oh well. I found a Gato on eBay for a good price immediately after Breyerfest, so all's well that ends well!

While Breyer has used this mold quite a bit since his debut, he hasn't seen a lot of new releases lately. He's still in the regular line as Black Beauty and in the Palomino Morgan and Foal set,  as well as the Chestnut Quarter Horse, so he's definitely getting a lot of use right now. I can't remember if 2019 is a year for new Classic releases, but maybe a couple of those releases will be retired and we'll get something new! I can only hope.

We're about due for some kind of surprise end-of-year Classic release, though, so maybe he'll show up there? I hope so - new releases on this mold are always welcome! I hope we see something new soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment